FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT (1867-1959):


He was an American architect, is one of the main masters of 20th century architecture. He was born into a family of shepherds of British origin, and spent much of his childhood and adolescence on a farm in Wisconsin, in full contact with nature, which years later conditioned his conception of architecture.

Frank Lloyd Wright entered to study engineering at the University of Wisconsin, but after two years he decided to quit the career and moved to Chicago, where he started working at Joseph Lyman Silsbee´s studio, but considering him a too conventional architect, Frank Lloyd decided to leave that job and start working with Louis Sullivan.

Among his most iconic works are Millard House in Pasadena (California, 1923), Kaufmann House or Waterfall House in Bear Run (Pennsylvania, 1937), Johnson Wax Company Administration Building in Racine (Wisconsin, Unitarian Church in Madison (Wisconsin, 1947) and the Price Tower skyscraper of Bartlesville (Oklahoma, 1953).

What I like most about him is that his architectural works are a mixture of the building and the nature of its surroundings, a clear example of this is the Fallingwater (1936-1939).

Comentarios

  1. I think that the best buildings are the ones that take part of the environment and links with it, like the waterfall house that I personally love it. I also think he is a great architect

    ResponderBorrar
  2. He is such a great architect to follow. I always remember that house of big windows in the forest.

    ResponderBorrar
  3. I also like when architects achieve this harmony between the union of a building and the context.

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog